Wednesday 19 August 2015

Exploring Music Videos

I have been researching into different types of music/music videos for inspiration for my own video, I have found a few which I believe show a lot of originality, which makes them very interesting and unique.



I really enjoyed this video because of its simplicity, the video works very well with song because of the dark and deep themes, the slow zoom out corresponds with the song because as you get further into the song you find out more about the story, you get to see more and learn more about whats going on, this feature intrigues the audience. The fact that it is filmed in black and white connotes the depressing nature of the song, it resembles the darkness and how the artist waned to present his emotions visually.





This video by The White Stripes, contains a lot of animation and effects. I think the use of the bright red triangles really stands out and is very eye catching for the audience. The continuous use of triangles represents infinite space, it connotes that music will never die out, and there is infinite possibilities in what you can achieve.














No comments:

Post a Comment